1. The Terms of Service (ToS)
- XSeries LTD and European Gaming League will herein be referred to as “EGL”.
- The website, http://egl.tv will herein be referred to as “EGL website”.
- Tournaments taking place on the EGL website will herein be referred to as “Online Tournaments”.
- Your use of EGL products, software, services and websites (referred to collectively as the "services" and excluding services provided under a separate written agreement) is subject to the terms of a legal agreement between you and EGL.
- Your legal agreement with EGL includes at a minimum the terms and conditions set out in this document. These are referred to below as the "Universal Terms".
- Your agreement with EGL includes any legal notices applicable to the services apart from the Universal Terms already applicable. The additional terms are available within or through the use of the services themselves.
- The Universal Terms, together with addition terms if applicable, form a legally binding agreement between you and EGL. Collectively this agreement is referred to below as the "terms".
- If there is any contradiction to what the additional terms say, and what the universal terms say, the additional terms will always take precedence in relation to that specific service.
2. Accepting the Terms
- In order to use any of the services provided by EGL, you will have to agree with the terms. You cannot use any service without agreeing to these terms.
- The terms can be accepted in two different ways:
- by clicking to accept or to agree to the terms, or
- by making use of the services provided.
- You may not use the services if you are a person barred from receiving the services under the laws of the United Kingdom or the laws in your own country.
3. Ending the Legal Agreement
- EGL may at any time, terminate its legal agreement with you if:
- You have breached any provision of the Terms (or have acted in manner which clearly shows that you do not intend to, or are unable to comply with the provisions of the Terms); or
- EGL is required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Services to you is, or becomes, unlawful); or
- the partner with whom EGL offered the Services to you has terminated its relationship with EGL or ceased to offer the Services to you; or
- EGL is transitioning to no longer providing the Services to users in the country in which you are resident or from which you use the service; or
- the provision of the Services to you by EGL is, in EGL's opinion, no longer commercially viable.
4. Use of the Services by You
- In order to use certain services, you may be required to give information with which can you be identified or contacted. You agree that this information is accurate, correct and up-to-date. You also agree to maintain this information’s accuracy for as long as you use the service.
- You agree that you will only use the services permitted by the terms or by the laws in your country. You may not use services limited by your country's laws.
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the services provided by EGL, or to access (or attempt to access) the services through any automated means including scripts of web crawlers.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
- Unless you have clear written permission and a legal agreement with EGL to do so, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the services provided by EGL for any purpose.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that EGL has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which EGL may suffer) of any such breach.
5. Account Security
- You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the services. Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible to EGL for all activities that occur under your account.
6. Your Privacy
- You agree to the use of your data in accordance with EGL's privacy policies.
- You understand that all information (such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images) which you may find during your use of the services is the sole responsibility of the person from whom the content originated.
- EGL reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all content from any service at any time.
- You understand that you may find, to you, offensive content during your use of the services and that usage of these services is at your own risk. You agree that EGL cannot be held responsible for any content that originated from its users.
8. Proprietary Rights
- Unless you have clear written permissions from EGL, the use of the EGL trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features is prohibited.
- EGL acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these terms in or to any content that you submit, post, transmit or display on, or through, the services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with EGL, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that EGL has no obligation to do so on your behalf.
- You agree that you shall not remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices (including copyright and trade mark notices) which may be affixed to or contained within the services provided to you.
- Unless you have been expressly authorized to do so in writing by EGL, you agree that in using the services, you will not use any trade mark, service mark, trade name, logo of any company or organization in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorized user of such marks, names or logos.
9. License from EGL
- EGL gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software provided to you by EGL as part of the services as provided to you by EGL (referred to as the "software" below). This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the services as provided by EGL, in the manner permitted by the terms.
- You may not (and you may not permit anyone else to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the software or any part thereof, unless this is expressly permitted or required by law, or unless you have been specifically told that you may do so by EGL, in writing.
- Unless EGL has given you specific written permission to do so, you may not assign (or grant a sub-license of) your rights to use the software, grant a security interest in or over your rights to use the software, or otherwise transfer any part of your rights to use the software.
10. Content License from You
- You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in content which you submit, post or display on or through, the services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give EGL a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or through, the services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling EGL to display, distribute and promote the services and may be revoked for certain services as defined in the Additional Terms of those services.
- You agree that this license includes a right for EGL to make such content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom EGL has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such content in connection with the provision of those services.
- You understand that EGL, in performing the required technical steps to provide the services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your content as are necessary to conform and adapt that content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit EGL to take these actions.
- You confirm and warrant to EGL that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.
11. Other Content
- The services may include hyper-links to other web sites or content or resources. EGL may have no control over any web sites or resources which are provided by companies or persons other than EGL.
- You acknowledge and agree that EGL is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such web sites or resources.
- You acknowledge and agree that EGL is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such web sites or resources.
12. Changes to the Terms
- EGL may make changes to the Universal Terms or Additional Terms from time to time. When these changes are made, EGL will make a new copy of the Universal Terms available at http://egl.tv/terms-of-service and any new Additional Terms will be made available to you from within, or through, the affected services.
- You understand and agree that if you use the services after the date on which the Universal Terms or Additional Terms have changed, EGL will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Universal Terms or Additional Terms.
13. General Legal Terms
- Sometimes when you use the services, you may (as a result of, or through your use of the Services) use a service, or purchase goods, which are provided by another person or company. Your use of these other services, software or goods may be subject to separate terms between you and the company or person concerned. If so, the terms do not affect your legal relationship with these other companies or individuals.
- The terms constitute the whole legal agreement between you and EGL and govern your use of the Services (but excluding any services which EGL may provide to you under a separate written agreement), and completely replace any prior agreements between you and EGL in relation to the services.
- You agree that EGL may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the terms, by email or postings on the services.
- You agree that if EGL does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the terms (or which EGL has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of EGL's rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to EGL.
- If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the terms without affecting the rest of the terms. The remaining provisions of the terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- You acknowledge and agree that each member of the group of companies of which EGL is the parent shall be third party beneficiaries to the terms and that such other companies shall be entitled to directly enforce, and rely upon, any provision of the Terms which confers a benefit on (or rights in favor of) them. Other than this, no other person or company shall be third party beneficiaries to the terms.
- The terms, and your relationship with EGL under the terms, shall be governed by the laws in the United Kingdom without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You and EGL agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the the United Kingdom to resolve any legal matter arising from the terms. Notwithstanding this, you agree that EGL shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
- EGL provides its customers a Local Area Network hereafter referred to as a “LAN” to facilitate the play of console and personal computer games for recreation and competitive purposes. EGL provides this LAN to customers on the agreement that EGL is not held responsible for the following:
- Timeliness of delivery
- Interruption of service not limited to power or networking
- Loss of personal possession
15. Customer Ticket Cancellation / Refund / Transfer Policy
- Customers requesting a ticket refund more than 14 days before the EGL event for which the ticket was purchased are subject to a 10% admin charge per individual booking.
- Customers requesting a ticket refund less than 14 days and up to 7 days before the EGL event for which the ticket was purchased are subject to a 50% admin charge per individual booking.
- Tickets cancelled 7 days before the EGL event for which the ticket was purchased are non-refundable and non-transferable.
16. Payment Types
- EGL will accept the following types of payment for the right to attend its events:
- Visa Debit
- Visa Electron
- Paypal Express
- Cash (on the day of the event)
- Payment methods a1 – a6 cannot be used to purchase tickets in person during pre-registration or registration of events unless stated otherwise on EGL website.
17. Product Delivery
- Customers purchase the right to attend EGL events. The right to attend an EGL event will hereafter be referred to as a “ticket”. The price of the ticket dictating the facilities the customer will have access to.
- No physical ticket or item is dispatched to the customer in response to the customer purchasing a ticket online, or on the day of the event. Immediate email acknowledgement is provided to the customer with an attached invoice indicating the type of ticket and the date of purchase if the ticket is purchased online.
- If the ticket is purchased at the event, an invoice and receipt is available upon request from the customer. By default no invoice or receipt will be provided for tickets bought at the event without customers requesting one. In the event of an invoice not being dispatched for online ticket purchase, the customer should contact EGL on the accepted methods of contact as documented in the support/contact us section.
18. Media Coverage
- By entering an EGL event, players/spectators and the media agree to allow the free use of their names, likeness, photographs and general location for publicity and news purposes by EGL in any manner whatsoever. This includes any imagery filmed or photographed by our coverage partners.
19. Event Cancellation
- In the event that EGL cancels an event or specific tournament, customers will be entitled to a 100% refund of their purchased tickets and services no matter what the timeframe.
- EGL reserves the right to cancel an event or tournament without forewarning, up to and including the day of an event.
20. Prize Payment
- EGL aims to pay out all prize money within six (6) months of the date when the event or online tournament took place.
- EGL may exceed this time frame in the event of extraordinary circumstances.
- Event and Online Tournament Prize Money will be paid to the person, or organisation, that purchased the winning competitor’s ticket from EGL.
- In the instance that a player/ organisation is invited by EGL to compete at an event or in an online tournament, prize money will be paid to the invited player or organisation.
- Online Tournament Prizes will be awarded to the players on the roster at the time of sign up, except for in circumstances outlined in 20g.
- Should a roster exceed the size required to play tournament games, prizes will be awarded to the players at the discretion of an EGL representative.
- In the event of a Pay to Play tournament, referred to as “P2P” herein, payment will be made to the person, or company, who paid for entry for the winning competitor.
- EGL reserves the right to, at any time before the start date of an event or Online Tournament, change the prize money made available.
- Prizes provided by a third party are not the responsibility of EGL. In the event of a failure to provide prizes, EGL may wish to substitute the prize with another. The decision to do so will be at the discretion of EGL.
- Players or companies who do not provide EGL with payment and/ or delivery information within eighteen (18) months of the event or online tournament will forfeit their right to claim prizing and EGL can refuse to prize out if information is provided after this six month period.
21. Payments, subscriptions and authorizations
- All fees listed and/or described on EGL are in Pound Sterling (£).
- By allowing EGL, one of its payment services providers, or other third party responsible for payment processing or administration, you declare to be at least at the required legal age to do so by the laws applicable for your location, or have parental consent to make use of the service. You also declare to be the legal owner of the payment method (for example, but not limited to, credit card, PayPal account, or any type of bank account) required to make the payment.
- EGL reserves the right to, at any given time and for any reason, change its fees, or add additional fees. Your use of the service will constitute your acceptance of the change and continuation of the service.
- EGL reserves the right to immediately suspend, deactivate or delete your account or access to any service or services, without prior notice.
- You may terminate your subscription or use of a service at any time. When you terminate your account, it will not be automatically renewed and access will be terminated on the expiration date. Termination of this Agreement shall not relieve you of any obligations to pay accrued charges. You acknowledge that EGL, in its sole discretion, may terminate your ID, password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service for any reason, including, without limitation, if EGL believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the Agreement or EGL's ToS. EGL may also, in its sole discretion, at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this Agreement may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that EGL may immediately deactivate or delete your account and/or bar any further access to the Service. Furthermore, you agree that EGL shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
22. Premium Service – Pay to Play
- EGL is not liable for unauthorized access, nor the consequences, to your account in any way.
- EGL does not refund payments or purchases for P2P services, nor any related services using the "credits", EGL's currency to access this or other premium services.
- If any, the prize money available for Pay to Play events is the maximum pay out, but is not a definitive amount. The real prize money may depend on the number of entrances into the event.
23. Limitation of liability
- You hereby agree that EGL will not be liable for indirect, special or consequential damages or any loss of revenue, profits or data arising in connection with this agreement or its services. Furthermore, our aggregate liability arising with respect to this agreement and the service will not exceed the total fees paid by you under this agreement.